Monday, September 22, 2008

This is my song...

One of my top 3 favorite sundays is the Primary Program. I was so proud of the boys as they worked to memorize their parts. Wes was so cool as he came up to the podium in his white shirt, tie he had tied himself (a little too long...), and hands in his pockets and delivered his lines like they were his own words. Garrett who had tied his own tie for the very first time by himself, had his lines in his pocket. As he came up to the podium he paused, turned to the side read them through once more and finally came up to the mic and recited his lines from memory. Way to go Gar! Little Drew didn't dare risk messing up his lines, he just read them with confidence and walked back to his seat, hands in his pockets, pride sneaking out from his little smirk . The whole time Brynne kept saying to me, "I wish I could be up there. I wish I was singing with them." Every time the kids would stand to sing she would stand on Jeffs lap and say, "Dad show me where our guys are..?" The best was when they began to sing I am a Child of God. When Brynne was a little younger I would sing all three verses to her as I rocked her to sleep every night. As soon as the primary kids started to sing her face lit up and she said,"Mommy this is MY song!" Of all the songs that she knows, I'm glad this one's hers! She is one spunky little girl!

No comments: