Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let's Try This Again...




The Lottery takes place Friday May 11th and the list of runners will be posted on Monday the 14th.  Once again I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get in the traditional way, and that this year will finally be my year to run this thing the way I know I can!

Update Sept 27th 2012

Me (in the yellow) and my running crew! Andrew, Kristie, Nick and Marlon

I AM READY!!! I finally found a group of really fun friends to run with.  I got in all of my long runs for the first time in 4 years of training and attempts at this race.  I have been consistently attending a body sculpting class that has strengthened all the muscles that I don't use as much for running. I believe this has put less strain on my running muscles and my joints and for the first time since I started running 5 years ago I have no knee issues! Wahoo!!!! So I think this will be my year to finally run this thing.  I am a little heavier and a bit slower than I was when I trained in 2009, so this wont be my year for speed, but I'll just be happy to finally run the whole race! My sisters Tara and Janelle, who shared their stories on the St George Marathon stories page, and my brother Billy will be running the race with me this time! 2012 will be our year!



** If you are coming from the St George Marathon Stories and want to read about my 4 runs at St George choose one of the links below.  

2009 I finished the race even though my knee gave out less than half way in Click here to read this story

2009 this is just a fun post but has great pictures from the course click here to go directly to this post

2010 Worried about reinjuring my knee I under trained and stopped at mile 21 click here for my 2010 experience

2011 Another lesson learned in my attempts to run St George

2012 Here is my 2012 race experience 

No comments: