Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've Got A Feelin'...

That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!
Wednesday evening we were on a roll of good times and good luck!
Jeff had been checking out the happenings on the ship and ended up entering in the ship's "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" competition. He won. Twice. I was just finishing up reading a book by the pool when they began teaching a "Thriller" dance class. Since I already knew the moves from our performance earlier this year I ended up helping teach the class!

From there I raced back to my room to shower before meeting Jeff at the theater to watch an entertainer the ship had brought onboard for the week. When I found Jeff he was sitting on the front row and almost immediately he had volunteered me to the entertainer as an assistant. He had me trying to stand on a board balancing on a large PVC tube. The plan was for me to show how difficult it really is to balance there before he got up to do his stunt, Unfortunately for him I have way too many years of gymnastics under my belt to look like a complete fool up there! We had fun bantering back and forth and I ended up staying on stage for about 10 minutes of his show.
Here is our guy showing us how to work the unicycle

Next we hit the Karaoke Lounge. Jeff rocked the house and even brought up the blow up guitar when he sang Aerosmith's Walk This Way.
After much prodding from Jeff and some pleading with some sweet gals I had met at the pool I actually got up and gave it a whirl! I had never done it before! I decided if we had enough sass, attitude and fun up there, that no one would notice how horrible my singing was. I sang Shania Twain's Man I Feel Like a Woman! It was actually a ton of fun and my backup dancers were great moral support. Our friend from the ship PJ even came up and worked it out on the blow up guitar! We got a standing ovation!!
After a few more songs Jeff and I went over to Medusa's Lounge for some dancing! The theme was Disco and nobody was dancing. They were actually playing some great tunes, so Jeff and I took over the dance floor! Several others joined us after a bit. When we finally needed a break and stepped off the dance floor, we got our second standing ovation of the night! I couldn't believe it, the place was packed and they were all cheering for us, it was hilarious!
After a nice little breather they had a disco dance competion. I sent Jeff out onto the floor. He shook his groove thing and the crowd went wild! He was the undisputed winner and was given a trophy of the ship for his prize.
When you're on, you're on. By the time we headed back up to our room we were feeling like we were all that and a bag of chips! At least for tonight.

Can you blame us?


(okay so just a few side notes. I have no idea how to get these lines to go away under everything. Secondly the dancing pics were from the last night when we had the lounge to ourselves but decided we needed a few pictures there)

2 comments:

Aaron and Devon said...

So fun! I never knew Jeff was such a great dancer! You guys just crack me up- way to just get out there and shake your groove thing!

Janelle Ehat said...

JEN! I LOVE this post!! So much fun! That's hilarious! You guys are the best!