Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Few More Carefree Hours

Today was jam packed with so much fun, so much relaxing and a complete sensory overload that it's hard to believe it all happened in just one day.   I have pictures to share and stories to tell about today, but I'll save them for tomorrow. Tonight I'm enjoying my last few carefree hours of this trip and then crawling into my bed. I have loved these couple of days with Tara and Jason and will be sad to say our goodbyes.  I always hate the last night of a vacation. Knowing its the last time you'll be in the exact same places with the same people. The trip becomes a just a memory, a moment in the story that is my life.  I often find myself revisiting various trips and remembering how I felt, or things that were said, certain moments. I love these little gems, bright spots in the story of my life. I am grateful that I am able to travel, to play, and enjoy my family and friends in amazing places.  I miss the carefree feeling of vacation when I'm home and back to wearing the various hats that mothers do: taxi driver, chef, maid, bill payer, gardener, dog walker. The list goes on and is long. I don't mind the various hats I wear but I love wearing the mom hat.  I'm ready to see my kids, ready to snuggle my little girl and hug my big boys.  I'm ready to be home to sign the papers, hand out the money, bring the forgotten things, and answer all the questions.  It's amazing the way a couple of responsibility free days can refresh a girl!

No comments: