Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Whatever

Typically New Years Day is a day of fresh starts and better habits. It's a day that everyone eats  healthier and nobody misses their work outs. Its a day for kinder thoughts and gentler words. Bright eyed and ready to take on a new set of resolutions, the world is shiny and full of optimism,  possibilities are on the horizon.  
I'm pretty sure last night will go down in the record books as one of the very lamest in my history of New Years Eves.  What I should have done was stay in Utah with all my siblings and celebrate with them and then spend today skiing like I really wanted.  Option B was to watch Maroon 5 in concert in Vegas. But because of various factors and a tendency to want to appease everyone else, I did neither.  I came home and read a book on my bed while Jeff watched a show on the History channel.  I was asleep by 10:30 and didn't wake up for 12 hours.  

I woke up grouchy. Frustrated with missed opportunities and overwhelmed with responsibilities awaiting me.  I got as far as putting the work out clothes on but I just wasn't feeling well enough to see it through.  With all of the cupboards and fridge empty after a week's vacation my food choices were slim.  My best intentions for getting to the store were never quite realized either.  So I ended up snaking on all that garbage you see in that picture above. On the bright side can you believe I actually found those Brach's candy hearts already?! 

So whatever, I got the new year off to a less than stellar start.  Tomorrow I will wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.  Tomorrow I will conquer all the things I set out to do better. Tomorrow I will be a better me.  I don't need it to be the first day of a new year to start. Last year was one of the most difficult I have been through yet and I am determined to make sure this one is better. Much better. So whatever January 1st, you ain't got nothin' on my January 2nd!

*As a complete side note I am getting one thing right today.  I have a goal to post once a day this next year.  Some days it may just be a picture or a caption, but the idea is to share at least something each day.  I'm hoping it will be another tool to help me look on the bright side and remember the things I am grateful for, truly there are plenty.

No comments: