Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Flattery Will Get you Everywhere!

My inbox yesterday held the most pleasant surprise. This letter from a dear friend of mine.

Hi friend,

I am so happy to be in touch with you again, even if it is just through blogging. I know we have said this before, but we are so much alike it's scary. I love reading your blog!

Here is my request: I would love a list your favorite beauty products - shampoo, conditioner, hair products, make-up,etc? (Right now I am in desperate need of a new MOISTURIZER.) You have the best taste of anyone I know and seem to be able to find all the best products. This would also make a really fun post, if you were looking for something to blog about.

Also: read anything good lately, I can't seem to find ANYTHING I want to read.

Miss you. Love, C

A note that nice will get you far my friend. Especially considering 90% of my book selections come only after checking on gooodreads.com to see what you have read and loved lately, and the fact that I am constantly checking out clothing articles, crafty projects, and even running shoes after you have posted on them! So dear friend the appreciation goes both ways and because of it, I'll tell you anything you wanna know!

Lets start with HAIR PRODUCTS
Shampoo: Joico Moisture Recovery

Conditioner: S Factor Serious Conditioner

I MUST wash my hair daily and with all the coloring and styling it needs all the pampering I can give it!

After the shower wet hair: Bed Head After Party Keeps my hair smooth no fly aways and helps condition
Paul Mitchel Quick Slip Helps dry much faster and protects from the heat of dryer, flat iron etc.

Redken Wax: Gives a bit of texture, allows a bit more creativity on my part, keeps hair looking smoother and shiny.

MOISTURIZERS

New favorite smelling lotion: Victoria Secret Amber Romance. Got it from a friend for my birthday and I LOVE it great summery smell.

Hand Cream: Bath and Body Works Look Ma New Hands. Hands down the best for dry skin and it smells so good too!

Face: I am using Clinique's regular yellow moisturizer. Mac had a really good one but they switched it out a few years ago and so I have gone back to my old standby. It's fine but not amazing. BUT...

Wexlers night cream , from Bath and Body is awesome for that one week every month, the one before the week everything goes a little off kilter, when my skin does crazy things but only since I have tunred 30 and never before in my life had I worried about it! Not fun!!

Not a moisturizer but in my mind a cure all for scrapes and would be scars or burns etc. is Aquaphor. Heals everything in about half the time! A must have!

MAKE UP

Hands down best powder/foundation combo: MAC STUDIO FIX- great coverage light as a feather.

Favorite lip stuff right now: MAC liner in WHIRL and lipstick in HALF N HALF- great neutrals for every skin tone. Other fun liners SPICE and STRIPDOWN.

Best Chapstick, which I always have on hand and usually just wear with whatever liner I have, is found at Bath and Body: Vanilla Sugar Lip Balm with SPF 15. Besides the packaging is fun!
Fun eye colors to look at at the MAC counter ROMP a warm brown with a little sparkle, way more neutral than it looks. SABLE a fun shimmery pinkish that can really be worn with both the cool or warm tones, and ESPRESSO my favorite flat brown standby. The only eye liner I will use is TEDDY also MAC.

BEST mascara I've found yet is Clinique water proof. Comes off easily and yet never if I am sweating or crying. Can't complain!

Eye Make up Remover: Mary Kay love this stuff!
So there you have it; a handful of things that just make life that much happier for me!
I would love to hear of anyone elses must haves...Whats on your list?

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love your picks. I don't use the Clinique Water Proof but I may try it because I love the regular stuff! You are too funny! I also tried a new MAC foundation called studio sculpt. It is working much better for me with my dry prego skin.

Carie said...

This is seriously my dream come true. Thanks for posting it, you're the best. I've got to go out and buy some products!

Nicole said...

WHOA! Lots of good stuff in this post! I'm lovin' it! Now I've got to go shopping...I'm sure Matt will be thrilled.

Kristen said...

What a fun post and a fun question to ask!

Bill said...

Holy COW, Jen. All this time I thought you were just naturally amazing because you are my wife's daughter. I am stunned at the list.

Okay, so here's mine. 1) Bar of Soap. Head, Feet and everywhere in between. Rinse. The end.

'Course. I look like me and you look like YOU. hmmm Something to be learned here?