Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hibernation

I have to say I really do appreciate the sweet calls, texts and messages I get when it's been a while between blog posts. I got this one yesterday.
 

So I thought I'd fill you in on where I've been. Jeff and I left for a cruise to the Caribbean, followed by a few days in Utah for Jeff's dads funeral and then home again.  Before coming home I started feeling a little off. I ended up spending the last week in bed. I was sleeping 18-20 hours a day and was still exhausted!  I couldn't function. In fact I couldn't even answer my phone. 
I knew something was wrong when I missed an 80's birthday party for a friend that I had been looking forward to for weeks. I was sooo bummed but when the idea of driving 7 miles to the party was overwhelming, there was no way I could handle actually going to it and trying to be social. Saturday I was awake for 6 hours in a row for the first time in a week and today I had a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day, but have otherwise been up. Blood tests were a little off and I still need to follow up with my doctor on a few things but for now I'm hoping I'm on the mend and will be back to my old routine this week.  Fingers crossed.  
I do feel a little strange that I can't really account for a week of my life, but with so much going on leading up to that, it's no wonder. Perhaps a little nudge from my body to slow down.  Two words I have yet figured out how to do. All or nothin seems to be the way I operate best. So get ready for a ton of posts a lot of catching up!

No comments: