Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just Buy It


Fake it til you make it sometimes means throwing on that plastic smile, and wearing a cheerful countenance like it's a jacket you can take on and off.   In the movie Field of Dreams, they said "if you build it, they will come".  I like to believe that if I wear it, it will come.  The plastic smile will turn genuine and and the cheerful countenance jacket will eventually, just be a part of me, like my birthday suit maybe, but WAY better.  Sometimes you gotta wear it for a long time before you can really own it, but eventually it will come.
The tricky part comes when the people who care about you are paying close attention. Sometimes then their genuine smiles, a sincere inquiry, or quick squeeze remind you that you are loved and noticed.  Its a good feeling, one of the best to be sure, but be warned, the plastic isn't water proof and I get a little leaky from time to time.  I may not give the best response and at times my facade may seem a little sheer, but not to worry, I will be back, I'm sure it's got to be true.
So if you catch me on a day where plastic is what I'm sellin', just buy it!

No comments: