Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Dreaded Monday

Here's just a glimpse...

Garrrett "Mom wake up its time for us to go to school"

Wes "Garrett don't wake her up, lets just call grandma"

Me "Its okay guys I'm up...somebody get my keys and everybody load up"

Brynne "Mommy I have no shirt on can I wear my snow jacket?"

Me "Sure Brynne go get it for me"

Into the car we all pile me walking directly from my bed to the front door. I did not pass go, collect $200, brush my teeth, or even make any attempt at smoothing my hair down.

At this point I have yet to look in the mirror and assess the damage.

Since my return home I touched up the boys bed making jobs, put away all those papers I am supposed to look at from their backpacks that were removed from the backpacks for the first time this morning, spent some time reading a few friends blogs that I haven't caught up on, and watched part of a Dora with Brynne. I did get a shirt for her to wear.

Me on the other hand, I am still in my jammies and unbrushed teeth. I have passed by my bed several times during my morning cleaning and each time I consider a little longer getting back inside. It is now the only bed unmade and the only thing not clean and organized in my house. I know in my heart of hearts its not going to happen because my visiting teachers are going to be here at 10:30 and I can not have a repeat of last month! I am just having a hard time letting go of the dream!

After several dips into the very large bag of Cheetos Brynne dug out of the pantry and is currently eating on the couch in the living room while watching the Backyardigans, and after a handful of cashews while scouring the pantry for something other than the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins made Friday that I can't seem to get enough of , I have begrudgingly settled on the sensible choice of a slim fast. Because I detest the ones in the can and insist on making them in my blender with lots of ice, I spend a few moments smelling into the milk jug, the date on the outside is completely unreadable. I don't think milk ever smells very good and I'm not sure what it is I am actually thinking I'll find. I guess its okay but I think I'll probably buy a different one at the store today just in case.

It is now 10 am and I have no idea where my morning has already gone. The kids have been at school since 8:30. Does this ever happen to you?

Why are Monday mornings so hard!? It takes forever to get back into the swing of things and feel like I should be productive again. I just want to get back in bed and start on Tuesday. And just so you know, I think most Mondays are like this. Monday morning can never come soon enough because I can't wait to have the house back to my self long enough to put all the pieces back together and get caught up on the laundry, but really when Monday morning does get here, I just want it to go away!

3 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

I'm totally laughing at your Monday morning! The funny thing is that is SO totally typical for me!

I'm so glad you posted more pictures from your trip! I was bummed last night when we had to go and we hadn't had a chance to look at them. Ashlyn was such a grump! I can get over how fantastic you look in all of your pictures! You are my style icon! :-) Love you sis!

The Gage Cage said...

Jen, I want to tell you how cute and stylish you are. I loved looking at the pictures from your trip. My favorite part was your AWESOME wardrobe! I do have one complaint, though. I can't get your pics larger by clicking on them. They are so pretty I want to see them in full size. You look AMAZING as does your vacation. Sounds like a crazy Monday for you. Don't worry, tomorrow it'll be Tuesday. ;-)

Brittany Shae said...

The things no one tells you about being a mom!!!
Glad I found your cute blog! Your hot!
Luvs