Thursday, October 2, 2008

Will the Real Jen Bohn Please Wake Up?!

Okay I know I'm a real NiGHt OwL but lately it's been out of COntRoL!

So here the story...lets try that again...so here are the consequences of my excuses.

Excuse number one. The only time I have on the computer is when the kids are in bed and I can do things uninterrupted. This is why I have been up late working out the details of our trip to Germany. Which by the way we leave for in just over 24 hours!!! Lots of interesting stories on the details but long story made short is this. After hours and hours of planning on purchasing a eurail pass and detailing the trip based on train schedules, it turns out it's not that easy. We ditched the passes and are now renting a car and I had to re think and plan the order of our trip without the restrictions of the train. I think its going to work out, but it took most of last week and part of this week with many nights that turned to early morning, like 4 am morning, to get it all figured out.


Consequences numbers one and two . First let me start this part with a little unrelated story. I saw a friend the other day and I was about to take a picture of her and another friend. She laughingly and politely declined. "I know what happens to these pictures! I have seen your blog and your facebook pages!" Some of my friends are more private than others and I think I am pretty good at respecting that. On the other hand I have no problem letting most things about me just hang right out there. So on that note, here's to me keeping it real!

#1 My visiting teachers were going to come last week on Monday morning. When they were at their previous appointment they told the friend that they were heading to my house next. "You're going to Jen's this early?" yep that's what she said. I think that's hilarious. The embarrassing part is that I had only had about 2 hours of sleep the night before. After I drove the kids to school I scribbled a note to my sweet friends,"Late night last night. So sorry! Another time...?" I was too tired to find any phone numbers...and then climbed back into my bed! How Lame am I? I still feel bad!

#2 Last night I was up until about 3:30 working on a schedule for my lovely assistant Kristen and My mom who are both graciously filling in for me while I am gone. This morning my nice husband took the kids to school for me and I slept soundly until my mom called at 11 am. my head was a bit fuzzy as I was coming to,"Wait what time is it? And today is Wednesday? Dang it!" Brynne had preschool starting at 10:30 in my garage. I was sure she was sitting in a pull up diaper (better safe than sorry and lately I'd mostly be sorry) and the shirt she fell asleep in watching Dora in the living room. If only I was so lucky. Actually she had wandered out in that state to her CLASS (ooh!that's painful!) ! Her wonderful preschool teacher brought her in, dressed her, and brought her back out to class. All while I SLEPT peacefully away in my room!
Classy I know. Probably I'll win parent of the year award. Especially after you hear my next bit. You may want to nominate me...

No excuse for this one. I have felt so bad as I am running around so busy getting ready to go that I am trying especially hard to be organized and stay on top of things. Well a few have slipped through the cracks. Like last night when I called Kristen from the grocery store getting food for the kids to eat while I will be gone. I asked her to get Drew ready for soccer, get his water bottle and then bring him to the school for practice. As I was pulling into the school parking lot about 30 minutes after practice had started, (again trying to be organized enough to make time to come and watch his scrimmage against another team) I got a phone call from Drew's school teacher. He was in her classroom. He had told her the name of another boy on the team, who he couldn't find by the way, who was in her class. She called and was told by this boys mom that we weren't supposed to be there until tomorrow! Nice huh?! He had wandered around watching the other teams practice and decided to pray about what he should do to know where to go. "The Holy Ghost told me to go to my classroom. My teacher was in there! She told me the school was kinda like her home and I could always come there if I needed anything. Pretty cool huh?" Sure, if you're not me. Other than the fact that I was so glad he thought to pray and that he acted as he was prompted to, I wanted to climb into a hole. I felt so dumb, scared, embarrassed, and a bit frantic at the thought of it all. I'm thinking the sleep deprivation had something to do with this one too...a bit of a stretch I know, but these are my excuses.

Excuse number two. There are just two words for this one. FACEBOOK FRENZY. That's it. Do I really need to say more? No, probably not, but hey this is me we're talking about, so here it comes anyway. In the last two weeks through just a few friends, has come a complete domino effect, reconnecting me with so many old friends I have not seen, or talked to, in AGES! Anyone who knows me well, knows how important my friends are to me. The idea of catching up with some who I've known since elementary school, some who I was close with in Junior High and then don't even remember seeing in High School, and others from college is beyond exciting. Seriously I am LOVING it!

The Consequence. Monday morning we had decided to have a presidency meeting at my house. I had been up late working on the trip, when I got sidetracked. My facebook chatting put a dent in my research time and I was up way too late again. I After I rolled out of bed to take the kids to school instead of jumping in the shower I just wanted to check out a few old pictures. Well all of my pictures are in the same box. When Shelley showed up for our meeting, I was still in my jammies. I hadn't even put the house back together from the disaster always sure to follow when I sleep through the boys morning routine. Nope, I was still wandering down memory lane in a heap of pictures! So, I had a meeting at my house and it wasn't even clean. I did sneak out to brush my teeth, but that's as good as it got for me until noon! That's what I get!

So anyway, I'm not sure who is collecting the ballots for mother or friend of the year, but go ahead and start filling them out anyway. Maybe by the time the "Real Jen Bohn" wakes up, you'll have figured out where to send them to!

3 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

Jen, you totally crack me up!! I LOVED reading these last two posts! You are so awesome and REAL!! Love it! SOOOOO excited to see you tomorrow!!

Tara Rickards said...

Okay, I am totally laughing at your lst two posts! Love the whole gym thing! Haha! I love you big sis! I hope you have a great time in Germany. I promise you won't be as funny without me! :-) Wish we could have made it work! Next time!

Heather said...

Oh boy, you crazy woman! I am totally laughing at you! You need a good vacation! Oh ya, you are going on one! Have fun!