Thursday, August 7, 2008

Exposed in a game of TAG!

Oh the brutality of what could have been a simple game of tag! Ouch! This definately didn't feel like fun and games. My sister Tara tagged me and believe me she's going to hear about it from me! This one REQUIRES a disclaimer from me before I even begin! We bought our house in a great custom neighborhood about 4 years ago only because I had a vision that the ugly pink house that smelled of large dogs and cigarette smoke could be transformed, and that it was worth it to put in the blood sweat and tears to be in a great place just 6 houses away from my parents. Well we are not even close to being done and it is impossible for me to see the house for whatever it is...I just see what it is supposed to be, when it's done. I am so very far from done with it, that it regularly has me up at night up to my eyeballs in projects. My husband DESTESTS that word. And so I have been tagged and insted of tunnel tag or freeze tag which I might have preferred, I am now about to expose all the little things I have been trying to overlook for what seems like too long. On that cheery note lets begin!



1. MY KITCHEN SINK


To some this could prove embarassing if it was overly full of grody dishes or something, I start twitching if a cup is left inside (yes we are all aware of my OCD tendencies aren't we?) but my problem here is that I really hate my sink. In fact as my husband has struggled with ideas for birthdays and Christmas for at least the last three I have honestly asked for a new kitchen sink! And so rather than hope it goes unnoticed, here it is listed as item number one in this game of TAG! Can you see how fun this is going to be?



2.MY FRIDGE

While everyone knows I LOVE a good bargain, I wish I could feel a sense of pride when I say that our fridge is the one we bought about a year after we were married and paid only$150 for. While the statement is true, all I really want, besides the sink of course, oh and a whole kitchen makeover, is a new fridge!




Apparently we have to show the contents inside as well...?


3. FAVORITE PAIR OF SHOES

So with all the fantastic shoes I have, you may shocked to see that the ones that have a complete hold on my heart right now are my new Nike+ running shoes! I have to say I LOVE the voices in my head these days! These shoes have a sensor connected to my iPod that tell me how far I've run, when I am halfway done, my calories burned, average pace, and compare with my last run, all while I am rocking out to fantastic music! I noticed the shoes because they were cute of course, then fell in love with the way they fit my feet. As I closed the box I noticed that they were compatible with my iPod...SOLD! One week and 30 miles later I can honestly say, this is true love!





4. MY BEDROOM CLOSET

Okay, the funny thing here is that while I may be the biggest neat freak some of you know, always, always, always, my closet will be the messiest place in my house. Part of the problem is obviously the lack of space. Couple this with the fact that I am adding items to this closet on at least a weekly basis. You can see where this is going and it's just not working out for me!


5. LAUNDRY ROOM


I just worked on this a few months ago I really like this room now. I just need new flooring and a new faucet and it will be done!





6. MY BED

I'm ready for a big change here but this is it for now...




7. MY BATHROOM

This room will be so cool when I update the tile and fixtures. It has a giant skylight that is one of my favorite things,especially when it rains outside.



8. MY HALLWAY

Kinda boring...

9. MY YARD

When we moved into the house I promptly removed (by myself) every tree and shrub but the largest few and started from scratch. It's finally coming together. Also of note is that the house is no longer a lovely shade of Salmon. (Jeff did that part)

The back of the house needs lots of work. I just had 4 very large trees ripped out because it was so shady I couldn't grow grass. Since we were basically starting over with the grass I went ahead and purchased an inflatable water slide to finish off the grass before I re-seed. Lovely thing to look out my back windows at don't you agree?



10. WHAT ARE MY KIDS DOING RIGHT NOW?

When I took the pictures Garrett was gone. Here are the rest. While they are self explanitory, they are not my proudest moments, just my reality.


Wes...
Drew...

Brynne...

11. MY FAVORITE ROOM


I have the room I love to hang out in the most, and then the one I am most grateful for.
I'll let you guess which one is which.


Option One


This is option two


This is actually our garage. It has a seperate heater and air conditioning unit. Every toy we own has a home here. Inside a drawer or cupboard. The carpet is indoor/outdoor so we can still park in here. When I close the door I don't see the mess or hear the noise. I am not worried about what will happen to the carpet. This room is 800sqft of pure bliss!



12. MOST RECENT PURCHASE


Last night I bought a big girl bed for my little Brynne! She looks way too tiny in it! Next up is making her bedding and curtains to match! Here is the picture from the box.


13. DREAM VACATION

I'm torn here...See my favorite vacation was when our family all went to Italy a few years ago. The next big trip I am going on is back to Germany to show Jeff how incredible that was. I went without him about 5 years ago, we are going back in October. The next place I want to explore is Greece. These vacations are exhausting because I don't want to leave any stone unturned, I don't want to miss anything so I come home needing a vacation from my vacation, but I'm exhilarated from the experience. If I wanted to just go anywhere to just veg-out and not have anything I absolutely had to go see, then I would probably choose to go to the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas. Living it up by the ocean with a great book, diet coke in hand, and just relaxing sounds amazing! But I have always had this fantasy of sending my husband and kids away on vacation for a week while I stay home and do all of my projects. This one is definately toward the top of my list. So sadly no pictures here, these are all in my head!


14. SELF PORTRAIT

Who wants to see this???!! I mean seriously. I'll apologise right now for this but does anyone like these? Eeew! And I didn't even do my hair today. Perfect way to keep in touch with old friends huh? I mean honestly is this a very nice thing to ask of anyone? Are you feeling my excitement here?



AHHHHHH! Finally finished! Kudos to anyone who bothered to read all of this. Yes, I know I talk a lot, but hey this is like my own little journal here so indulge me a little and learn to just skim through it!

And here is where I get to TAG some friends and put them through all this "fun"! So I tag Kristen, Karin, Kari, Carie, and Jenny. Just get your pictures done now and post as you have time. Good times ladies! Love ya!

Whew I made it!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Wow, that's quite the challenge. I don't know if I can lay it all out there, but I'll try, just for you.