Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lazy Summer Days


So today I took the kids out to the waterpark. We have had season passes every year since Drew was born and he is now 7. Great way to get the kids out of the house, thus keeping it clean, let off on the AC for a few hours, it wears the kids out nicely, and I get to visit with friends or read a book while tanning. Great situation all the way around I think!




Brynne had me rent a tube for her to float on in the wave pool today. She could spend all day on the waves, but I did convince her to dry out for a bit once or twice. Isn't she as cute as pie!?
After we got home today and I was getting dry clothes out for her she asked, "Can I wear a different outfit? The one that looks like a teenager?" What!!!??? Where did she get that from? A teenager? I had no clue what she was talking about so I picked her up so she could show me which outfit was the teenager outfit...? Then she spotted something else she really needed, "Yeah mom the one that goes with those...(searching for the right word in her 3 yr old mind) maracas? You know like a costume..?" Ah...the lights turned on... I did know. She wanted her blue and white pom poms and the BYU cheerleader outfit we bought before going to a game last season. After following her very specific instructions of how she envisioned looking she ran out to the living room, climbed up onto a trunk and cheered from the top of her lungs "BYU ! BYU! BYU!" Yes, we brainwash them young around here!









9 comments:

Carie said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I am SO happy you have a blog.

Jen said...

Finally!!! Starting a blog is like sending a year supply of junior mints -- friendship back on (which hopefully means we'll be back in touch). Link us up, the Colvins are at: alifefullofgrace.blogspot.com.

Jared and Jenny said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Can Brynne come hang out with Meadow and Heaven? They'd have a blast together. We are all about the dress up over here!

Heather said...

How fun, I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't talked to you in forever! We need to get together! Love the blog, I will be adding you to mine!

Aaron and Devon said...

I am glad you started a blog. Your kids are getting so big! Brynne looks so cute in her cheerleader outfit- Go Cougs!

Tara Rickards said...

Brynne is so cute! She makes me laugh with her cute little voice!

Kari said...

Such cute little kiddies!! I love little girls...they are so entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Cute blog. I am glad that you said hi. My mom said she looked at your blog and I wondered how you were doing. We are always happy to keep in touch with our fun friends from Clovis! You have a cute family.

Kristen said...

No WAY is that Brynne. So big and cute! So you got suckered into the blog world too, huh? Glad we can keep in touch since I'm so bad otherwise!