Friday, August 15, 2008

Don't You Hate it When That Happens...?

So Brynne woke up at about 2:30am and wanted to brush her teeth since she had fallen asleep while eating a snack in the living room and was just carried off to bed. Once she was back in bed I couldn't go to sleep! It's now 2 hours later and obviously I'm still wide awake! Don't you hate it when that happens, or am I just crazy? So I thought I'd share a few of my random thoughts...

The greatest show I never watched...How did this happen?

Had no idea what I was missing out on! A babysitter was showing me a few of the routines on You Tube yesterday. If you havent seen it check it out...WOW! Next Season...

The Gym...

I am totally addicted...it's official. I can't miss a day. In fact today was insane around here and I still managed to ditch everything and go for a fantastic run in the air conditioned gym. I have good running days and bad ones. On the bad ones, by mile one my eyes are glued to the little red dots around the screen and I am counting down each lap and trying to convince myself that maybe I really should only run 3 miles instead of my mental mandatory four, and breathing is a bother. Other days, good days, are the best! Today was a good running day. I ran 6.5 miles and I was FLYING! Really, it felt like it. I could have run 10 but I was jointly hosting a bridal shower and only had an hour before it started. On the good running days it takes every bit of effort not to start dancing and singing on the treadmill. As it is I have given up trying to stop myself from mouthing the words.

I know I look stupid but whatever, so do a lot of other people in there like the ones who come all decked out in their make-up...What is that all about? Or the guys who actually come to work out in jeans and a wife beater...there are only a few of those but seriously? And then there are those who come to the gym just to be watched. That one is a struggle for me. I want nothing more than to ignore them because their clothes and body language are begging "look at me", but I am so embarrassed for them that I can't help but watch the train wreck. Do you know what I'm talking about?

And then there are the regulars who all have nicknames, but only in my head. You know they will be there same time, same place, doing the same thing. For example, Coffee Guy. He is there when I make it in the mornings. Smells way too soapy, super hairy guy, and he seriously brings in a Starbucks every morning to the treadmill right next to me. We have never said hello, or even made eye contact. Ya it's kinda wierd, but he's consistant. Then there is Crazy Asian Lady. She is about 60, wears nude colored tank tops, and super short shorts, a full face of makeup and a pony tail on the tip top of her head. She is thin as a rail, with an over the top boob job. She might actually live at the gym, and kind of wanders from one weight machine to another, cool as a cucumber,never breaking a sweat. I could go on, but you get the idea. So who am I at the gym?

I do always have to have a few things or I won't go.

1. iPod with my surround sound headphones

2. Chapstick (no I don't bring it in, I just put it on right before, my lips get too dry, maybe from the silent singing I do?)

3. Gum so my mouth doesn't get too dry while I'm running.

4. NO MAKEUP

I bet someone out there has a crazy name for me too. Maybe Coffee Guy walks on the treadmill by me because he knows I look so ridiculous that no one will notice he's got coffee on the treadmill...huh...

Okay my newspaper was just dropped off and Coffee Guy will be heading to the gym any minute. I have got to get back to bed...'night!

4 comments:

The Gage Cage said...

So every morning I wake up and drink a HUGE glass of watter and look at blogs for a minute before the day gets going. This morning I stumbled on yours off of Tara's. I'm glad your loving the gym. Your description was AWESOME!

I love your hair cut! I cut mine short when I turned 30...now I'm going to try and grow it back out.

Such a COOL youth trip you took! I might have to call you to get some details and suggestions for my ward.

GREENLAW said...

hey, jen! welcome to the blogging world. i LOVE it!! speaking of addicting!! :) the shower last night was nice... i hope she got some great stuff. better luck tonight with sleeping! :)

http://www.greenlawfamily.blogspot.com/

Kendra said...

Jen I just saw this link on Emily's blog and I thought I would see what you are up to. Busy as always. I have to tell you...you look AWESOME!!! Love the blog, and your laundry room!!!!

Seth said...

Hey Jen, it's Lindsay Larson but not Larson anymore. It's been forever since I've seen you. What a fun blog to read and what a great family you have.