Monday, February 28, 2011

Presidents Weekend=Ski Weekend

Yep, it was a no brainer.  We had loads of fresh powder and a 3 day weekend, so of course we spent it on the hill.  Saturday was absoulutely beautiful.  I snapped these pictures with my phone at one of my favorite parts of the drive up to China Peak.  It also happens to be on my regular bike riding route, I love it!  
We brought all the kids up on Saturday. 
Each of us took a turn sitting with Brynne in the lodge once she was all skied out.  You know, after those six runs down the magic carpet... I'm hoping eventually she'll get the hang of it!
We made it up without the chains even though they were required, but knew we'd be stupid to try to navigate the roads on the way home after they had frozen up again.  Jeff got to do chain duty on his own though because I HATE, I mean really really hate, the new chains he bought.  That's a story all on it's own though.  Suffice it to say, I'm getting another set of the kind I used to have, before they were destroyed on our horrific drive to Idaho in December.  Until then Jeff's doing a really good job at pretending these are the best chains we've ever owned!
As a complete side note here, I like the picture of me below almost as much as I like Jeff's new chains, but I wanted to show the cute hat I made to match my new coat! Fun huh?
Monday Jeff worked and Brynne played with Grandpa.  I got to come ski with my boys, three of Garrett's friends, and  Jason, Austin and Lauren.  I spent most of my time on the lift with little Lou.  She is the cutest little bug and just talked nonstop, kind of like her aunt has a tenency to do.  She had me completely entertained!

After lunch we all met up at Ullman's alley and the photo session began.  
Jason was on the video camera and I brought my telephoto lens.  The guys were in heaven putting their skills on display!
WES
AUSTIN
GARRETT
DREW
TYLER
We went home frozen as a bunch of popsicles but had an incredible weekend!  Sure glad those presidents had birthdays ;)

No comments: