Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'll Love You Forever

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be"
Even though I know this story by heart I catch a sob in the back of my throat every single time I hear it. After watching Brynne perform in two short little plays her class stood together and read the story to all of the second grade parents. When the end of the story came and the little boy, who was now a man, scooped his sick old mother into his arms to sing to her, all of the students came to find their parents in the audience. Brynne climbed into my arms and sang to me. It was impossible to keep the tears at bay. It was just as bad as they sang to us a second time but now Brynne was in my dads arms singing to him. Love that story. Love that dad of mine. Love that girl. Forever. 

No comments: