Monday, September 15, 2008

Of Course...



Of course it didn't work out like that, it never does! Garrett's arm is broken so I knew we were going to have to hold off on sports for him this fall, we didn't have a choice anyway. Well that is until Garrett told his teacher that he was so disappointed that he couldn't run Cross Country for the school. His sweet teacher talked to the coaches and eventually the director of athletics for the school district. As long as we were okay with it, the school was okay with it. So of course, Garrett joined the team. Then we got the call from the soccer teams. Tryouts took place before the arm broke so Garrett had already gone through tryouts. He had been placed on a team with 2 incredible coaches and a bunch of his good friends. They and called of course Garrett could just sit out until his cast was off, and of course we said yes. He and Wes came home drenched in all their boyish sweaty glory all last week, and my Thursdays just became impossible. With sports ending at 4:30 for both boys, followed by soccer practice for G and piano lessons for Wes, both beginning at 5. Jeff has a radio show Thursdays at 7, so he doesn't come home until 8:30 ever. All of my stake meetings and activities are Thursday nights. So of course, here we are back to our norm...BUSY!









I also said I wasn't going to volunteer for anything at the school this year since my fall calendar with Young Womens is jam packed and the spring will be even busier. I stuck to it and sent in all of the info you get on the first day of school without checking any of the boxes saying I could help with this program or that project. Then I got a call from the PTC. No one had signed up to be the room mom for Wes' 6th grade class. They found a lady who agreed to do it but only if I would do it with her. Was there any way I could do that? Of course I would! I am now up to my eyeballs in planning for the school fundraiser carnival and letters home for the parents and organizing a class directory.


I knew I was going to have to hunker down and give up my love for late night reading when school started. I have to get up earlier with the kids and learn to be in bed before 12am (which is pretty early for me) I was doing okay until I started The Host. Of course, I got all wrapped up in the story and stayed up until my sprinklers turned on and then until my newspaper was delivered...I hate it when that happens! Of course I loved the book. Then of course I didn't stop there I read these three books too. And so, no rest for the weary. I was up past 3 am 4 days last week. But of course, its all my own dumb fault. I should have known better. It's just the way I am!








No comments: