Tuesday, September 23, 2008

President Pouter... Yours Truly


Guess who...? Yep that is definitely one of my nicknames, it just hasn't been used for a long time. Probably since college. Well, it suits me once again. I am so so mad! I can't run! Last week on one of my good running days I decided since I was feeling really good I would work on my speed. At the end of the run I was really pushing it and I started to feel what I knew was the beginnings of shin splints. Sure enough by the next morning I was pretty stiff walking around the house. I knew I shouldn't run that day and was okay with it, but at about 9:45 that night I got a little stir crazy and headed off to the gym vowing to just walk and take it easy. Well three miles in at a 7 incline I wasn't even noticing my leg so I thought maybe just one mile of a run...yeah right. I thought I could do one hard mile and that would be enough, so I ran it fast and at the 7 incline. Bad news, my impatience coupled with my crazy addiction to running has had me literally hobbling for 4 days now. By the end of the day I look a little more normal, but I'm starting to think I may actually have a stress fracture...ugh! It's not really fitting into my schedule right now...Tonight I went to the gym and rode the bike and lifted weights. It is so not the same thing as a good run and I know it isn't even close in burning calories. I came back from the Gym looking like this...I am sooooo not happy about this!

2 comments:

The Gage Cage said...

Wow, you do have seriously NICE legs! I hope you heal up quick! A little over a year ago I broke my right foot. It was NOT in my schedule either. Hope all works out. Keep up the good work. I just can't get over how good you look Jen! SO AWESOME!!!

Kristen said...

You are looking so drop dead H-O-T hot! I too have been a victim of the dreaded shin splints. My advice: ice ice baby. When I was training for the half I kept a bag of frozen corn and peas in the freezer for the sole purpose of icing my legs at night. It totally helps! Good luck!