Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ruth's Chris...?


Ruth's Chris, Rods Chris, My Chris...it's all so confusing! Two of those are even the same thing! Date night this weekend was all about Chris! I knew it was going to be a great day when I had the opportunity not only to sleep in after a late night of reading, which I LOVE, by the way, but then it was followed by lunch with my dear friend Chris.

Chris is one of my very favorite people on the planet. Chris is quick to make anyone and everyone feel at ease. Chris is classy. Chris is probably the most compassionate listener I know. Chris is patient...so patient that when I showed up 20 minutes late and could not apologise more sincerely, she waved me off and knowingly said,"Oh friend, get over it! You gave me the "late" disclaimer way back when I met you!" Chris has a talent for making everything beautiful. Decorating her house, setting up for an event, or just finishing off an outfit, she always knows just what is needed to pull it all together. Chris is generous with everything. Chris can keep a secret. While this list is by no means complete, I'll add just one more. Chris is just plain fun! In fact my cheeks usually are sore from laughing and smiling after lunch with her and Stephanie.


So back to all these Chris'...Rod wanted to bring his wife Chris, the previously mentioned amazing friend, out to dinner and invited us to join them. We decided to try out the new steak house in town, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. What's that all about you ask? Some old lady Ruth, bought Chris' Steak house and after it was doing so well decided to open a few more, but she didn't want this Chris getting all the credit for the great place so she decided to tack her name on to the beginning to show them who was really calling the shots. Okay so they didn't say it in exactly those same words but you get the idea. Turns out the food is pretty dang good and the company was even better! There's just never enough Chris to go around...



3 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

Oh so cute! I think you did a great job of describing Chris but I have to add a few things... Her fabulous sense of style- Jason and I always think she looks like Christy Brinkley with her cool shades when she is driving in her car! And that fabulous smile!!! She always has a perfect smile on her face that is so contagious!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are getting huge, it seems like not too long ago when Wesley was a little baby. Crazy.

The Gage Cage said...

Chris sounds like a great person. I'm glad you got to spend time with her.

The real reason I am making a comment though is to say YOU LOOK SO SKINNY!!! GO JEN!!! I've read about how hard you've been working but You haven't really post many pics. You are such a HOT MAMA no matter what but I have to give you major praise....your hard work shows!