Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Lovin' It!



Have I mentioned that I have the BEST calling in the church? I love, love, love, working with the youth of our stake! They are the best group of kids and I am impressed by them, and learn from them often. The other great thing is that I LOVE the ladies I am serving with and the Young Men's Presidency too. They are such talented people and so hard working. We spend so much time together with all the activities we do, that I am so grateful for the friendship that is shared there. This last weekend we had our annual senior retreat. We went up to Millerton Lake and played in the water and on the boats. Then we headed up to the pavilion where we ate dinner and listed to one of our youth leaders and a member of the Stake Presidency. The kids all got to know each other better and I am hearing they all had a great time. I know we did!






We finished up Sunday evening meeting in the backyard at the Kelloggs house. We heard talks from two more of our youth leaders and then we broke up into groups to begin planning for a theme for our Stake EFY to be held during spring break. The theme will be based on the Mutual Theme for the year"Be thou and example of the believers..." from 1 Timothy. They had the best ideas and great conversations regarding the scripture. We had homemade ice cream and a testimony meeting to finish things off. The spirit was so strong there and we are all building relationships with each other and with our Father in Heaven that will change our lives. I just feel so blessed to be serving where I am and wish I could serve here forever!

1 comment:

Janelle Ehat said...

Jen you are TINY these days! You look AMAZING!!! So jealous!