Friday, May 10, 2013

Baptism

When I am Baptized
"I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
 and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again
 I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain
 I want to be the best I can 
and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
and I can be forgiven
and improve myself each day
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain
 I want to be the best I can 
 and live with God again."
This sweet song is one of Brynnes favorites from primary.  When I asked her if there was anything special she wanted at her baptism she asked if someone could sing this song.
Jeff, Wes, and Drew sang and it was beautiful!
 Six other children from our Stake were also baptised this day.
The chapel seemed almost full and as I looked around I was surprised to realize how many were there for Brynne
She had asked for invitations to give out to a handful of friends.  
 She had made a list and was so excited to drive around and deliver them to each of the people she wanted to be there.  Amazingly all but two of the families were able to come.
 Her eyes lit up as she saw each of them afterwards.  It melted my heart to see how important it was to her that each one of them was there.
The meeting was so sweet and I don't think many of us got out of there without shedding a tear or two.
My heart was brimming with love for so many who have done so much for Brynne, for those who came to support her, and those who have taught and loved her, for those who are her friends.  For all the unknowns in her life one thing is certain, she is loved!

No comments: