Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Want a Do-Over!


The last time that thought went through my head I may have been 7 years old. It's such a little kid thing to say. Mostly because all of us grown ups know there is no such thing. But today, I really wish there was.

Have you ever had one of those days that started out bad and then just kept right on going in that same direction all the way to the worst? Yeah, me too, and today was one of them. I just couldn't seem to get a single thing quite right. Everything was lost, late, broken, too much, too hard, too short, miscommunicated, misunderstood, or just plain missing.

I was in tears by noon. Now I am just tired, sick, frustrated, embarrassed, and spent. The cherry on top was when I walked out front tonight to replace a few bulbs on my Christmas decorations, and half the yard had gone dark. I had blown a fuse. How fitting.

I want to climb into my bed and pull the covers over my head. I wish I could wake up at the beginning of today and do it all differently. Sadly, there are no do-overs, so I guess I will have to wake up tomorrow and settle for fixing what can be fixed, looking for things lost, planning a bit better, and trying to get over what ever else is left.

Now that sounds fun doesn't it?

3 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

Oh Jen! I wish I would have known. Maybe I could have helped. What's the point of having a sister in town if you don't ask for help?! Call me! That's what I'm here for!

kristen said...

I wish I could take you out for lunch and hear all about it, we have definitely all been there! You do everything so well and beautifully, I guess the universe has to balance it all out occasionally and give you a yuck day. Remember: some days are like that, even in Australia (from "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day", which makes me smile). Also, I love your posts lately, so funny and well written, from Target trips to the perfect Twilight summation, you are always right on the nose and make me laugh and miss you!

justjen said...

Sisters and friends sure are the best. Especially the kind that love you in spite of yourself. Your kind words put a smile on my face. Kristen I'll work on sneaking down to LA for some girlfriend time. Sure miss you too!!