Monday, November 30, 2009

Been There, Won That!

The football game between BYU and Utah is always intense. We never miss it. This year we actually got to be in the stands.

We dropped Brynne off at Janelle's to play with her cousins, picked up my nephew Tyler, and met my parents and both of my brothers and their families at the game.

Some of us even got seats together!


BYU was leading for most of the game, but started to let it slide right towards the end. With just 29 seconds to go Utah tied it up and we went into overtime. When BYU won 26-23, the fans rushed the field. Including all my guys!! I wondered how I would ever find them down there. I started scanning the masses from the stands and had to laugh when I spotted Jeff. He had wrapped Garretts flag blanket around himself . Were's Waldo, can you find him?

When I made it down there I bumped into Drew who was standing in a group waiting to meet one of the players. He asked me to take a picture of him with Brandon Bradley. My boys know who all the players are.

Drew kept telling me he wished I could have been there with my camera when he met Max Hall. I asked him what happened. He said, "Well he was just standing there so I went up and shook his hand and said, 'You're a really good football player. Good game tonight!'" I wish I had been there too. I love that little Drew has no fear of talking to adults, and telling them exactly what he thinks.

The atmosphere in the stadium was charged and it was so much fun to just be there. Even better, we won!!

No comments: