Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Daddy Daughter Dance

The Annual Daddy Daughter Dance at Garfield was last Feb 22nd
I had called Jeff and had him put the date on the calendar back in January and then didn't think about it again until the day before. Any notes that Brynne would have brought home or reminders she would have gotten from her teacher we missed out on since she had been home with a bad cold for most of the week.   
The day before the dance I remembered the event when a friend mentioned on FB that she was looking for a poodle skirt for the dance. With Brynne sick I didn't think I'd need to worry about it though.  The day of the dance Jeff had stayed home sick from work, but Brynne begged him to go anyway.  One hour before the start of the dance they decided they would be going, and I decided I'd better get sewing.        The boys friend Jared couldn't believe I was just whipping up a skirt so he did a little documenting...
 Luckily, a few years ago I had made skirts for Stephanie and Shelley and I for an EFY dance and I remembered that I had fabric enough left over that I thought I could probably make one for Brynne at some point. 
 I couldn't find my adult sized pattern and I didn't have time to go buy one, but I did remember that it had been easy.  So I did what I always do, fake it til you make it!  I didn't have time to make hers as cute as ours, but it was close enough.  My girl was thrilled and looked adorable.  She and her date had a great night!  

No comments: